Coronavirus July Update

Following the latest advice from the government, we have decided not to move into Phase C of the club’s plan for a phased return to rowing activity on Saturday 4th July as originally intended. It is disappointing not to be able to open the clubhouse but will look at any changes in the new guidelines due to be released by Sport England and British Rowing this week. We hope that we will be able to make some amendments to our current rules that allow safe access to equipment so that more members can access the club, including our junior members.

Outdoor gyms will be allowed to reopen so we will look at running outdoor ergometer sessions and there is also a possibility that restriction on the use of motorised water vehicles will be lifted, allowing us to safely run coached water sessions. We will continue to use a booking process to limit the number of people at the club at the same time to facilitate social distancing and keep to government guidelines.

If changes to the guidelines allow it, we hope to start running sessions for small groups of juniors on Saturday 11th July. Junior sessions will then be run at their usual times on Wednesday evenings and Saturday mornings. The booking system will make sure that everyone who wants to take part has a chance to get on the water regularly. These sessions are available to our athletes but we do not want anyone to feel pressured into resuming training before they are ready and completely understand if individuals would prefer to wait before they return to rowing

No Replies to "Coronavirus July Update"